Load Cells for On-Board Weighing Applications
On board weighing is a particularly common application for load cells and is also known as “Overload Protection Systems”
On-board weighing is the process of weighing the load which is on-board a vehicle such as a truck, lorry or tanker. The load cell weighing system is installed within the vehicle and will weigh the amount “on-board”. This enables the user to load the vehicle to the maximum capacity without overloading, causing safety issues, and without under loading, resulting in an under efficient journey.
Using on-board load cells and weighing systems ensures that haulage companies can operate at maximum efficiency without compromising safety.
On-Board Weighing Examples
On-board weighing is used in different situations where weighing loads on a vehicle is practical and useful, some of these applications are;
- Bulk haulage
- Skip collection scales
- Front loader scales
- Forklift scales
- Waste management
Why Use On-Board Weighing?
On-board weighing is often used because it;
- Saves man power - and therefore money
- Prevents truck overload - thus providing safety
- Saves energy as exact amounts can be moved
- Offers flexibility to weigh anywhere
- Reduces number trips as maximum capacity can be used safely
- Prevents excessive wear on vehicles - thus extending working life
- Prevents over loads and therefore traffic fines
- Reduces loading times as matter can be loaded and weighed at the same time.
On-Board Weighing from Ixthus
We have a range of load cells which are suitable for on-board weighing. Contact us for more information and to discuss your application.
See all of our load cells here. If you cannot find the product you are looking for please contact us.
For more information please contact: Ixthus Instrumentation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:+44 (0) 1327 353437 Fax: +44 (0) 1327 353564
Article date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 12:14:48 +0100 GMT