Torque Sensor Applications
Torque sensors are part of our product range here at Ixthus. We are able to offer a complete range for any application in any industry.
Find out more about torque sensors and the applications they are commonly used in here.
What is a Torque Sensor?
Torque sensors are a device used to measure twisting or turning forces. They can be either static or dynamic and are able to measure turning forces in either clockwise or anti-clockwise directions.
Torque sensors tend to be small in size and compact but remain very powerful and often vital within the application they are serving. Very often they have internal strain gauges which are very small, sensitive sensors to measure strain and force.
Industries for Torque Sensors
Torque sensors are used in the following industries;
- Test and Measurement
- Renewable Energy (especially wind power)
- Engine and Plant Construction
- Plant and Construction
Torque Sensor Applications
Torque Sensors are used for the following applications;
- Determining and measuring friction torque
- Applications in engine test benches
- Screwing technology
- Drag torque measurement
- Precision mechanics - in particular test set ups
- Tightening force on power tools
- Testing tools
- Auditing processes
- Auditing equipment
- Quality checking
- Drive shafts - integrated torque sensors
- Impact screwdrivers
- Measuring friction torque
- Kart racing
Using toque sensors within these applications means that the users have access to a whole host of monitoring aspects; in the example of the impact screwdriver, the use of a torque sensors offers;
- Additional optical signals
- Data recording & processing
- PC interface
- 800Nm/20 bar
Benefits and Advantages of Torque Sensors
Torque sensors are often selected for applications because they have the following benefits;
- Highly accurate
- Non-contacting - wear-free resulting in long life
- Offer long term stability
- Have a high-temperature resistance
- Able to withstand vibration and shock
- Insensitive against bending and radial force
- They have an insensitivity against radial and axial movements
- Suitable for harsh environments
- Small in size so able to fit into small spaces
- External or inside-shaft measurement options
Torque Sensors from Ixthus Instrumentation
Our Torque Sensors come from our partners Burster and NCTE.
Datasheets can be found on the individual product pages. For more information or to discuss your torque sensor application please contact us.
For more information please contact: Ixthus Instrumentation Email: email@example.com Tel:+44 (0) 1327 353437 Fax: +44 (0) 1327 353564
Article date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 10:43:28 +0100 GMT