Angular Position Sensors
Angular position sensors are used to measure rotary displacement, they are also known as rotary position sensors.
They are available with different technologies and have different measuring ranges to suit various applications.
Some angular position sensors are programmable, we have a range of these available which come from our sister company, Variohm Eurosensor.
Angular position sensors are available in different technologies, these can be either contacting or non-contacting. Their measurement ranges can be either single turn or multiturn. Multiturn angular sensors can measure angles beyond one rotation (360)
Angular Position Sensor Applications
Angular position sensors have many uses, they are often used within the following applications;
- Active Aerodynamics
- Wind direction measurement
- Steering angle measurement – in Motorsport vehicles as well as various standard vehicles.
- Pedal and throttle measurement – in engine systems of various vehicles
- CCTV – measuring the angle of the camera and the degree of rotation
- Robotics – precise angle measurement and movements in mechanical arms
- Rudder reference – for steering marine vehicles
- Boom & slew angle measurement
- Joystick and hand controllers
- Various test and measurement applications
Types of Angular Position Sensors
There are many different types of programmable angle sensors available. They use different technologies making them suitable for different environments. Some of the types of angular sensors we offer include;
- Hall effect
- Positek PIPS
You can find out more about each of these technologies in our blog post “Rotary Position Sensor Types”
position sensors are also available in various sizes. We carry a range of micro
angular sensors; these are suitable for space restricted applications and are
as small as 18mm in diameter. This is called the CMRx range and they have the
- Long life
- Extremely robust
- Redundant output
- Customisable housings / Shafts
- Programmable angles from 30° - 360°
- IP protection ratings (see data sheets for full details)
Contact us for more information on this range.
Angular Position Sensors from Ixthus
Our angular position sensors can be seen on our website. As discussed above, we have a wide range of technologies to choose from. Contact us for more information and to discuss your application.
For more information please contact: Ixthus Instrumentation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:+44 (0) 1327 353437 Fax: +44 (0) 1327 353564
Article date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 07:36:52 +0000 GMT
Title:Angular Position Sensors