+44 (0) 1327 353437
Position Sensors from Ixthus Instrumentation
Please click on one of the following for further technical information:
Position Sensors Range
What is a Position Sensor?
A position sensor is defined as a type of device which detects movement of an object. This movement can be in either a Linear or Rotary motion. The position sensor will also convert the movement into output signals suitable for processing, transmission or control depending on the application and the device itself.
Position Sensing Technology
Position sensors can be either contacting or non contacting and include different technologies to suit different industries and applications.
• Hall Effect
• Eddy Current
What is a Position Sensor Used for?
Position sensors are very common in everyday life and are used in devices and systems all around us - for example;
• Elevators have position feedback which typically use encoders
• Cars use a variety of position sensors in throttle control & seat memory
• Boats have position sensors for rudder reference & steering systems
• CCTV cameras use position sensors for rotation and tilt.
• The control of imaging & treatment machines in hospitals
• Wind turbines use position sensors for monitoring wind direction
• London Underground ticket barriers use position sensors to monitor the gate position
• Special effects departments on films often use position sensors to help with CGI
Industries for Position Sensors
Our comprehensive range of position sensors have been proven in many industries such as; automation, aerospace, medical, agriculture, general machine tool, wrapping, packing, processing, food & beverage and converting equipment.
Position Sensors from Ixthus
Position Sensors are one of our biggest and broadest categories. Different types of sensors and different technologies are suitable for different applications. If you have an application in mind but are not sure which position sensor you need, please contact us and we can help with selection.
All of our Position Sensors categories are shown above, click on the links to see the full range of that category, access more product information and download datasheets.